This website is a product of the Congressionally chartered Federal Financial Literacy and Education Commission (FLEC), which is made up of more than 20 Federal entities that are coordinating and collaborating to strengthen financial capability and increase access to financial services for all Americans. The Commission was established by the Financial Literacy and Education Improvement Act, Title V of the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act of 2003 (P.L. 108-159).
The Secretary of the Treasury chairs the Commission, and the Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is the vice-chair.
- Learn more about the FLEC.
- Sign up for email updates.
- Find out about prior Public Meetings, resources and activities.
The following entities are members of the Financial Literacy and Education Commission.
- Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- Commodity Futures Trading Commission
- Department of Agriculture
- Department of Defense
- Department of Education
- Department of Health and Human Services
- Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Department of the Interior
- Department of Labor
- Department of the Treasury
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
- Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Federal Trade Commission
- General Services Administration
- National Credit Union Administration
- Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
- Office of Personnel Management
- Securities and Exchange Commission
- Small Business Administration
- Social Security Administration
- White House Domestic Policy Council