Use this page to search the Financial Literacy and Education Commission’s Financial Capability Research Clearinghouse. The clearinghouse contains information on more than 400 reports and articles from Federally-supported research, along with a select number of datasets that are available for use in new research on financial capability topics.
Tips for Searching the Clearinghouse
To search the collection of research materials, please use the search box on the navigation bar while on the “Resources for Researchers” page. Simply type in the word or phrase that describes your topic, and the site will search the collection. It will limit the search only to clearinghouse information. You may further narrow the search results using filters.
The following details will be displayed in the search results
- Resource title
- Type of resource (e.g., article, bibliography, book chapter, brief, case study, conference proceedings, discussion, evaluation, dataset, peer-reviewed article, report, presentation slides, testimony, working paper)
- Date Published
- Federal agency that supported the research
- Report synopsis or abstract
- Link to a website with the complete report or other resource
If the resource is a dataset, the results will also list:
- Contact information on obtaining the dataset of new research
Resources are categorized around the MyMoney Five principles (Earn, Save & Invest, Protect, Spend, Borrow) and several major financial capability topics. For more details, see the “Financial Capabilities Research Clearinghouse Taxonomy.” (link to a PDF document about the Clearinghouse).
Suggestions and Comments
Please go to Contact Us to provide suggestions and comments on the Research Clearinghouse or if you would like to suggest articles or datasets to be added to the collection.
For more Federal information, guides and helpful tools for researchers,read more…